This full day workshop will teach you how to create simple, affordable, effective water conservation strategies. Did you know that 65-75% of our residential water use is in our landscapes. By rerouting onsite water to our landscapes we can drastically reduce water consumption throughout San Diego!
When most people think about rainwater harvesting, the first thing that comes to mind is a barrel. With up to $750 in rebates, and thousands of gallons coming off a single roof in a year, it’s time to upsize our knowledge to better fit this potential.
Greywater use can be very simple and cost-effective when passive strategies are used. But what are the permitting requirements and best practices around these strategies? We will not only tell you, we will show you in this effective hands-on workshop!
In this workshop, participants will learn everything they need to start harvesting rainwater and grey-water. Participants will have access to a variety of different parts and tools used to install tanks. Topics to be covered include:
- Installation of 2 x 500 gallon rainwater tanks (scaleable to larger installations)
- Designing and installing passive small scale rainwater harvesting earthworks (scaleable to larger installations).
- Permitting requirements and variations for greywater systems throughout San Diego
- No permit required Laundry-to-Landscape system
- How to improve onsite water retention using soil, earthworks, basins, mulch, and plants to accentuate your active water harvesting strategies.
- Learn how to install a rainwater tank to ensure high quality water, no mosquitos, ease of use, and no maintenance
When: Sunday, November 13. 9-4. The first half of the day will focus on rainwater tank installation. The second half of the day we will install a laundry to landscape greywater system.
Cost: $50 full day. We have a limited amount of 1/2 day spots for greywater only or rainwater only for $35 each. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Location: South Park (Exact address provided upon sign up)