- the date you bought your tank
- the size of your tank (State Government)
- 500-1000gallons $150
- 1000-1850 gallons $400
- 1850+ $500
- (Federal Government) whether a licensed plumber connects your rainwater tank supply to your toilet ($500) and/or washing machine ($500). National Rainwater and Greywater Initiative.
- Hand-held hosing of lawns and gardens and drip irrigation is now allowed only on Wednesdays and Sundays before 10 am and after 4 pm
- No other watering systems or sprinklers are to be used at any time
- A permit from Sydney Water is required to fill new or renovated pools bigger than 10,000 litres
- No hosing of hard surfaces including vehicles at any time
- No hoses or taps to be left running unattended, except when filling pools or containers
- Fire hoses must only be used for fire fighting purposes – not for cleaning.
Sydney Water's rebate is available to residential, commercial and industrial customers who install a rainwater tank before June 2010.
You can get a rebate of up to $1,500 depending on:
Water restrictions currently in effect: